The design of this phase entailed the following elements:
- The hub of the park was constructed and created a new point of attraction aimed at keeping people in the park. It was located on the intersection of important routes through the park.
- Open tree squares were installed to highlight the entrances and reconnect park and neighbourhood.
- Open space was created for diverse uses.
- The 2nd largest water area was opened up to reconnect water, park & neighbourhood
- Furthermore lanes and pathways were created or opened up to improve safety. The path network was simplified to improve the logic of the park. The pathways were re-surfaced to create a difference between resting places and routes.